Staying Ahead of the Curve: The Latest Pinterest Trends for Businesses in 2021
In the ever-evolving world of social media, Pinterest has emerged as a powerful platform for businesses to connect with consumers. With over 459 million active users worldwide, Pinterest offers a unique space for brands to showcase their products and services to an engaged audience.
As we enter 2021, it’s crucial for businesses to stay ahead of the curve and adapt to the latest Pinterest trends. Here are some key trends to keep in mind to boost your brand’s presence on Pinterest this year.
1. Story Pins: Pinterest introduced Story Pins in 2020, allowing businesses to create interactive, multi-page Pins that tell a story or share tips and advice. By leveraging Story Pins, brands can engage their audience in a more immersive way, providing valuable information and driving traffic to their website.
2. Video Pins: Video content continues to dominate social media platforms, and Pinterest is no exception. In 2021, prioritize creating eye-catching video pins that capture attention and encourage users to take action. Experiment with various video formats, such as tutorials, product showcases, or behind-the-scenes footage, to find what resonates best with your audience.
3. Sustainability and Eco-friendly: The rising concern for the environment is influencing consumer behavior. Businesses that align themselves with sustainable practices and eco-friendly products are gaining popularity on Pinterest. Consider showcasing your brand’s commitment to sustainability through Pins that highlight recyclable packaging, ethically sourced materials, or carbon-neutral initiatives.
4. Inclusivity: Diversity and inclusivity are integral parts of modern branding. Pinterest users actively seek diverse representation and inclusive content. Make an effort to create Pins that feature people from various backgrounds and communities, ensuring that your brand message is inclusive and relatable to a wide audience.
5. Inspirational and Aspirational Content: Pinterest is known for being a platform that inspires users to dream, plan, and create. By curating inspirational and aspirational content, businesses can tap into the desires and passions of their audience. Consider creating boards and Pins that showcase how your products or services can help users achieve their goals and aspirations, whether it be home decor, fashion, travel, or personal development.
6. Local and Personalized Recommendations: With increased interest in supporting local businesses, Pinterest users are actively looking for recommendations and ideas tailored to their specific location. Make use of location tags and keywords to reach users in a particular area. Additionally, personalize your content by understanding your audience’s preferences and curating recommendations that resonate with their unique interests.
7. Shoppable Pins: The e-commerce landscape continues to thrive, and Pinterest is capitalizing on this trend with shoppable pins. By linking your products directly to your website, you can enable users to purchase items seamlessly. Make sure to optimize your product descriptions and use high-quality product images to enhance the shopping experience on Pinterest.
As businesses navigate the ever-changing digital landscape, staying updated with the latest Pinterest trends is essential for maximizing your brand’s reach and engagement. By incorporating Story Pins, video content, sustainability, inclusivity, aspirational content, local recommendations, and shoppable pins into your Pinterest strategy, you can position your business for success in 2021. So, start pinning and stay ahead of the curve!