This chocolate mousse recipe is so easy and so delicious it’ll be an instant family favorite!
Light and fluffy and ready in minutes, chocolate mousse is a sweet surprise for any occasion!
Easy Chocolate Mousse
This is an easy shortcut to making chocolate mousse. It’s deliciously decadent and more light and airy than chocolate pudding.
- It only takes three ingredients and a minute or two.
- The secret to a homemade flavor in this chocolate mousse recipe is the unsweetened cocoa powder for a boost of dark chocolate flavor!
- Chocolate mousse is perfect for last-minute get-togethers. Its so fast and it tastes decadent!
- Easy peasy and so deliciously rich. Top it with whipped cream or your favorite berries!
Ingredients for Chocolate Mousse
Pudding Mix- Feel free to choose any flavor of pudding mix you fancy! Sugar-free options work just as well. Experiment with vanilla, pistachio, banana, or even coconut mousse or try adding extracts like vanilla, banana, or coconut.
Dairy- Opt for full-fat dairy to achieve that luxurious, rich, and creamy texture we adore.
Toppings – Unleash your creativity! A dollop of whipped cream never disappoints, and fresh fruit or berries add a burst of natural sweetness. Elevate your dessert with grated white or dark chocolate, crumbled cookies, festive sprinkles, or even a drizzle of homemade strawberry or caramel sauce for an extra touch of indulgence
How to Make Chocolate Mousse
- Mix all ingredients with an electric mixer for 1 minute.
- Serve immediately or refrigerate.
How Long Does Chocolate Mousse Last?
- Chocolate mousse will last about 4 days in the fridge, so it’s perfect for prepping ahead, just add toppings like whipped cream or fresh fruit just before serving.
- Freeze chocolate mousse for up to 2 months and let it thaw in the refrigerator or freeze it into popsicle molds and enjoy a frozen treat!
More Chocolate Recipes
Easy Chocolate Mousse
A rich creamy chocolate dessert, this shortcut chocolate mousse recipe takes just a couple of minutes to prepare!
In a medium bowl, combine cocoa powder and instant pudding powder.
Add the heavy whipping cream and mix with an electric mixer on medium high for 1 minute.
To serve dishes immediately and serve or refrigerate.
Garnish with whipped topping, fresh berries, mint, or whipped cream.
Freeze for up to 2 months, let it thaw in the fridge before serving.
calories: 668 | Carbohydrates: 34g | protein: 4g | Fat: 58g | Saturated Fat: 36g | Cholesterol: 204mg | Sodium: 475mg | Potassium: 235mg | fiber: 1g | Sugar: 23g | Vitamin A: 2200UI | Vitamin C: 0.9mg | Calcium: 117mg | Iron: 0.7mg
Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.
© SpendWithPennies.com. Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited. Please view my photo use policy here.