If you’re in the mood for a simple and delicious breakfast, avocado toast is a perfect option.
Easy to make and delicious, you can get creative with the topping ideas below or your own favorites!
It’s the perfect start to your day with healthy fats to keep you satisfied!
Avocados Make a Healthy Hearty Breakfast
- Avocado toast is faster and healthier than hitting the drive-thru!
- It’s a great source of healthy fats and fiber, which will keep you fueled up all day long.
- This avocado toast recipe isn’t just for breakfast! It makes a great post-workout snack.
- Add a fried egg or your own favorite toppings (check out my favorites below) for a colorful and delicious meal that’s perfect for the ‘gram.
- Get creative with your toppings! You can add anything from sliced tomatoes and cucumbers to crispy bacon and hot sauce.
- For an easy appetizer, try making mini toasts with homemade crostini.
Avocados – Choose soft and ripe avocados with intact skin. Mash or arrange slices as desired. To switch up the flavors, add in a DIY seasoning like everything bagel seasoning or even homemade lemon pepper seasoning.
Bread – Any bread from whole wheat to a slice of sourdough is perfect for avocado toast! Or make homemade garlic toast or plain white bread.
How to Make Avocado Toast
The Basics: Most of us know how to make simple avocado toast – slice bread, toast until golden brown, remove the pit, mush avocado on toast, and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
Toppings for Avocaod Toast – Avocado toast is great when it’s simple with just a drizzle of extra-virgin olive oil, some flaky sea salt & ground black pepper, and a squeeze of lemon, but change it up with any of the variations below.
More Quick Breakfast Favorites
Did you enjoy this Avocado Toast recipe? Leave us a rating and a comment below!
Enjoy this easy recipe for breakfast, lunch, or a post-workout snack! With healthy fats & lots of flavors, Avocado toast is simply delicious.
Cut the avocado in half and remove the pit.
Toast the bread to your liking.
While the toast is still hot, lightly rub the surface with the cut side of the fresh garlic clove.
Scoop out the avocado flesh with a spoon and use a fork to mash it onto the toast.
Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
If desired, drizzle with fresh lemon juice and olive oil or add the toppings below. Serve immediately.
If using only half of the avocado, leave the pit in the half that will be refrigerated for later use. This will help keep it fresh a bit longer.
Optional Avocado Toast Toppings:
- everything bagel seasoning
- fried egg and crispy bacon bits
- lox, capers, minced onion
- tomato, bocconcini, basil, balsamic glaze
- sriracha and honey
Nutrition calculated without olive oil.
Calories: 240 | Carbohydrates: 22g | Protein: 5g | Fat: 16g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 2g | Monounsaturated Fat: 10g | Trans Fat: 0.01g | Sodium: 140mg | Potassium: 533mg | Fiber: 8g | Sugar: 2g | Vitamin A: 147IU | Vitamin C: 11mg | Calcium: 50mg | Iron: 2mg
Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.
© SpendWithPennies.com. Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited. Please view my photo use policy here.